Applications for this post are no longer being accepted. Closing date – 09/04/2014 13:00
Media Education work with people to share their messages and stories in powerful and engaging ways. Our friendly and flexible approach to video and audio production attracts charities, third sector and businesses alike. We also deliver fun, focused and rewarding creative projects to groups of any age, experience or background. For more information on what we do visit www.mediaeducation.co.uk
We are now recruiting for a Trainee Production Assistant funded through Creative Scotland’s Youth Employment Initiative Traineeships Fund.
The successful applicant will be passionate about bringing creativity and high production values to the community media sector. As part of our production team you will be involved in all aspects of our projects, from planning to helping with filming, project delivery and editing. You will have the chance to develop professional and creative technical skills alongside an ability to communicate those skills to others in a facilitator role.
We do not have any formal qualification requirements, however we would ask that you have-
- Evidence of an interest in film and/or film making experience, usually in the form of examples or a portfolio. For this role, this may include student films, films made with friends etc.
- The ability to work with people from all backgrounds with a range of abilities.
- Good written and spoken English- for liaising with clients and for post production tasks such as editing and titling.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team – support and training will be provided for tasks we ask to be completed independently.
Salary: £15,912 per annum (£7.65 per hour, living wage)
Duration: This post is for a fixed term of 12 months.
Hours: 40 hours a week over 5 days, Monday to Friday, with flexible working required to cover weekend and evening events when necessary.
Location: Media Education, 183 Dalry Road, Edinburgh, EH11 2EB
Eligibility: Applicantsmust be aged 20 to 30 years of age. The successful applicant will be required to join the Disclosure/ PVG Scheme.
Applications: Please email a covering letter and CV, with evidence of your interest in film to email@example.com.
Deadline for applications: 09/04/2014 13:00